There is an attempt underway for a government to take control of our election process and throw the election to Hillary Clinton. It is not the Russian government. Mark this day – it is when we came to understand that the American government decided to elect a president.
(Note: I understand in the minds of the mass media the most important issue in America today is Trump’s crude remarks, but there are indeed real things to be concerned about otherwise.)
- Two days before the second presidential debate, the government of the United States officially accused Russia of a hacking campaign aimed at interfering in the U.S. election. In a joint statement, absent any specifics or technical details, the Department of Homeland Security and the Director of National Intelligence stated “the recent [hacked email] disclosures… are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts… based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, only Russia’s senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.”
- The statement goes on to detail how only Democratic servers were attacked, meaning the American government is claiming that Russia is trying to throw the election to Donald Trump, plain and simple. It is left unsaid why the Russians would risk cyberwar with the United States to do this, as many have suggested Trump is a neocon in spirit whose loose finger will be on the nuclear button from day one. Clinton is much more of a political realist, comfortable with the business-as-usual of the past eight years that has gone in Russia’s favor in the Ukraine and Syria. She in fact seems like the stable known known, always a preference.
- Though the first “Russian” hacks were reported in July, it is only 48 hours before the second presidential debate that the statement was released. It could easily have been held until Monday, there is no national security urgency for this to come out Friday. However, with the timing, Trump, essentially tied with Clinton in the polls, will now spend much of the debate defending himself. Since the statement includes no details, only accusations, it is hard to see how anyone could defend themselves. It would be near-impossible for Trump to come out ahead Sunday night; this is a near-coup.
- Despite the certainty with which the US government has accused Russia of trying to influence the election by hacking into secured email servers, the FBI maintains there is no evidence the Russians or anyone else accessed Clinton unsecured, unencrypted email server laden with actual classified materials, including during Clinton’s first trip to Moscow when she sent and received encrypted email over the Internet and WiFi.
- In the first presidential debate, Hillary Clinton broadly speculated that Donald Trump had paid no taxes. Days later, several pages of Trump’s tax returns, documents that had been sought unsuccessfully by the media for over a year, arrive at the New York Times, who front pages a story. In the Vice Presidential debate which followed, Trump’s running mate spent time on the defensive defending his boss’ deductions.
- Clinton sent and received classified material on an unsecured, classified server. That violated the most basic rule of information security. She lied about it. She deleted emails and “lost” both the majority of her devices and many, many emails. The FBI and the Department of Justice, ahead of the Democratic nominating convention, found she violated no law. The Department of Justice granted broad immunity to key Clinton staffers, and allowed two of them to destroy their devices. No further investigation will thus be possible.
- The State Department aided and abetted Clinton for over four years in hiding her private server, and avoiding her responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act and the Federal Records Act. Only under court order has the Department stopped slow-walking its “review” process to release emails publicly. There has been no investigation.
- Emails released show a tangle of interests among State Department decisions, the Clinton Foundation and access to Hillary as Secretary of State (“pay for play”). Clinton sought Pentagon and State Department contracts for Chelsea’s friend. There has been no investigation.
- The State Department and White House coordinated to “crush” Clinton’s email coverage.
If you can add it up any other way than direct interference by the White House, the State Department, the Department of Justice, the FBI and the intelligence community, it would be interesting to hear how that works. The comments are open to make a benign case for these actions.
Peter Van Buren blew the whistle on State Department waste and mismanagement during Iraqi reconstruction in his first book, We Meant Well: How I Helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People. His latest book is Ghosts of Tom Joad: A Story of the #99 Percent. Reprinted from the his blog with permission.
13 thoughts on “A Government Is Seizing Control of Our Election Process, and It Is Not the Russians”
Well … I remember the “pregnant chads” and the “hanging chads”. I think the election railroad has been going on for some time now.
Indeed the establishment media has always served the establishment to one degree or another. However, the only time I’ve seen the media this orchestrated promoting a single goal was the run-up to the 2003 U.S. military invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.
I don’t think this is a coincidence.
The political insiders who brought us the Iraq invasion aren’t gone and they aren’t done. Their next target is Syria, and after that Iran. It should be obvious that none of this ever had anything to do with the defense of the United States, especially given the Saudi royal family’s role in the 9/11 attack. Saudi Arabia is the single largest donor to the Clinton Foundation. She serves them and the neocons. She’s conveniently not a Republican.
Everything else the election pretends to be about is a contrived distraction.
Remember John Kennedy?
I’m no fan of Trump but in the heat of the New Cold War, his simple suggestion that detente may be preferable to World War 3 has made him persona non grata among the elite class that he technically still remains a part of. It’s amazing that the most irrational human being to ever run for the White House is being targeted for the one, single, solitary, rational position he holds. It’s like owning a broken clock and then deciding to smash it for being right once a day. Tears for Fears were right, we really do live in a mad world.
While I’m not a huge fan of Trump I found him impressive last night.
The people lost control of the US government when Reagan won, from there on in the fix was in. Deals done between the banks, the military industrial complex and main stream media.
Every election a shame, pick you corporate stooge, watch the presidential election whilst they steal the congress and senate, and never ever vote third party, tantamount to treason according to main stream media.
This election is just a sign of a major come back by the people, all the shenanigans on show, displayed for all to see, the lies, deceits, fraud, insane levels of greed and lust for power, not the worst election, just the most on real public display election.
As the panic sets in, so it gets, uglier and uglier. The possibility of HRC ending up in prison seems to be improving day by day.
While watching Trump, I never got impression that he is “neocon in spirit”. His observation that Russian nukes are modernised and those of US are not is right, just a plain fact. While attacked on Aleppo front, Trump answered quite reasonably that it would be nice to join US efforts with those of Syrian Army, Russia and Iran in their fight against the terrorists (Neocon agenda is opposite).
It really is unreal isn’t it? The entire MSM, Washington and the rest of the “elites” are finally united and all it took was one man suggesting we try and get along with Russia.
Interesting dilemma we find ourselves in. Vote for Hillary and war with Russia. Vote for Trump and start a race war.
The American election process has been subject to fraud for over 25 years, and getting worse. When voting precincts no longer use written ballots, and when checks and balance is not used at the ballot places to confirm identity, when vote registrations are accepted by mail without proper confirmation of ones Citizenship other than a signature, when ballots are sent in by mail, when ballots are still mailed to dead people or to votors who have left for another State years ago, when ballots remain in the mail system until the “day after” the election, when bags of mail “are forgotten” in the post office and not counted, when ballots are “enhanced” for computer counting, or the vote is eliminated by “double marking”, when military ballots arive too late to be counted, when 12 mail-in ballots have the same address (of a one bedroom apartment), I could go on….! The fact is, American voting system is far from reliable and very subject to fraud…….!
Some time ago I heard a rather frank admission from Trump that if he were running against anyone other than hillary he would have been knocked out of the race.
The same is true for Hillary. who could possibly make her look good except for an orange potty mouthed reality TV star?
Among the donations to the pay to play Clinton Foundation sits over 100k from Trump himself(that we know of). As he was lambasting Clinton for taking money from the likes of soros etc., he himself stood guilty of the same things.
I don’t claim to know what the big play is with certainty, but it is clear to me that the Trumps and Clintons are long time friends (trump has said as much on numerous occasions in the past) and that trump has contributed to Clinton campaigns of various kinds over the years.
Could it be this is all just reality TV staged for our own distraction? I’ve noticed that there is no talk of ending the Patriot Act, the AUMF or the NDAA from either candidate, and that there are Neocons on both sides. Kagan for Clinton and Woolsey for Trump.
If Trump wins the Pentagon and other security bureaucrats will get over 1 trillion to spend on the military according to the Heritage Foundation, who’s defense plans trump is following. He wants also to reopen the 1033 Pentagon to police pipeline.
It’s hard to see even a hairs breadth of difference between the status quo of Clinton and the Nationalism of trump
They both sound like Marxists to me.
With Trump we are going to get ideological testing and human processing centers, deportation forces etc., which sounds a lot like historically Marxist countries. Clinton was right that this would tear our country apart.
With Clinton we will get a no fly zone in Syria and possible world war which will also tear our country apart.
If I am being frank, the big play then is chaos. And they have planned an election in which either candidate will bring about a long planned and well prepared civil unrest.
The play is likely bigger than just getting hillary elected.
This election is a shit sandwich and we will have to take a bite one way or another.
Excellent exposé on the “Democratic” party misusing the White House to steal the presidential election. Democrat hierarchs have placed their people in key positions over the past eight years and aim to keep control by hook or by crook.
Comments are closed.