In Israel, “apartheid” criticism is an accepted part of the debate lexicon Robert Wright talks with Mikhael Manekin of Breaking the Silence:
10 thoughts on “In Israel, “apartheid” criticism is an accepted part of the debate lexicon”
the difference of course between Israel and South Africa is that most palestinians and jews are the same color……In fact many of them share DNA……………..
Blacks worldwide have a monopoly on the term “apartheid,” while Jews worldwide have a monopoly on the term “Holocaust.” So I think this is why the Palestinians are having an especially hard time making the case that they are victims of multi-dimensional discrimination, much less victims of a slow-motion genocide. But if the Palestinians were either black in color or Jewish in faith, the Western powers would have already rescued them from the bloody jaws of Israel. So until the US and its allies come to realize that discrimination isn’t bound by any particular color of skin and that genocide isn’t bound by any particular type of religion, Israel will continue on its quest to either totally drive the Palestinians off their homelands or totally drive them into extinction. It seems to me as though the US and its allies don’t mind being aiders and abettors of Israel’s apartheid-bordering-on-holocaust against the people of Palestine, otherwise they would have already declared Israelis to be human rights abusers of the worst kind and then cut off all support to them.
Thinking counter-factually, had the victims of apartheid in South Africa been brown instead of black and Muslim instead of Judeo-Christian, I’d bet money on it that today they’d still be victims of apartheid. In others words, being black as well as being Judeo-Christian is what’s freed them from apartheid. And had the US and its allies decided to side with the Muslims instead of the Jews in this Hell of a Holy war in the Middle East, I’d bet money on it that the Palestinians would now be totally free from Israeli apartheid.
Are you in touch of the reality? Palestinians were winning … Israel is scared!
A: "The Argument": Having whitewashed Asia and Latin America. The European obstructionism is falling one by one. Only Germany and countries wish high guilt are supporting Israel. However, even there it is withe caution. Note the vote of European countries in UNESCO and Germany's winning pressure to make Israel pay Pals tax money.
B: "Overplaying the hand": Israel clearly overplayed the hand (under possible tension) and his speech to the joint session reminded one of Stalin's speech to the Supreme Soviet. This was not missed out on the American Public.
C: "Civil War with Haredim": Please google… read it up on Isreali Press. Try this: http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/fear… OR http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israeli-fema…
D: "Lawfare": (Term introduced by Jerusalem Post) Historically, Israel had signed away a number of concessions, including Right to Return during UN admission and a lot during Oslo. Most wee wink-wink-nod-nod. But the problem is winkers and nodders are gone but the signed paper remains!
E: "Exodus": There is two types – Capital which started with the Second Intifada and Brain-drain which started with the Rotherschild protests ….
… as a supporter for Palestinian Emancipation, even I pity the Israelis.
Pacifico: Many? Not so much. Very few Israelis are of semitic origins although some are. Of course, this supposed "genetic" slant was always more true of the USA where 1/32 of black blood made a person black, than of South Africa, where it took a "black appearance" or "life style" to condemn people based on their genes – and still, a lot more South Africans shared DNA than it was polite to acknowledge.
In Israel, a person can be condemned to less-than-full-personhood status just for being a woman or insufficiently Zionist, let alone for their genes. And, of course, they are condemned for their genes. From being a largely "colour blind" nation, when importing Jews from multiple African sources, Israel today has become increasingly racist as fervid Ashkenazi immigrants with constrained futures bitterly resent anyone who is not an Ashkenazi themselves.
So perhaps a more significant difference is that Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who understood apartheid far better than you are ever likely to, has said that black people in South Africa, even in the darkest pass-book days under Verwoed, had far more freedoms than a non-Jew in apartheid Israel, let alone a Palestinian in the occupied territories.
Other significant differences include the facts that:
black South Africans remained economically active, even as the South African economy crumbled under mismanagement and sanctions, while Palestinians are much more tightly regulated and deliberately marginalised.
the South African military didn't make a habit of indiscriminately bombing civilians and civilian areas even after atrocities such as the planting of limpet mines in places occupied by children, and this is reflected in the fact that no matter how evil it was, South African apartheid killed an average of 400 people per year – most of them as a result of black-on-black violence during the transition period between 1990 and 1996 (HRC Data)*, while Palestinians have consistently died – and been injured – at rates more than ten times that of the Israelis, in their sad struggle against their occupiers and oppressors.
Finally, and also significant for apartheid Israel, the world (eventually) supported the African liberation struggle. That hasn't yet happened yet for the Israelis. However, Israel's success at making any kind of two-state solution non-viable, including even sad Palestinian Bantustans, means that eventually a single state solution will be accepted or imposed, and the brutal years of Israeli dominance will be ended. The longer until that happens the more painful the transition is likely to be. Which is why it is likely to happen sooner rather than later. Not everyone is as stupid as Netanyahu and his friends, and the CIA had already determined that this was the case before Obama was elected. Which might explain some of the maneuvering we have been seeing of late.
*And today more South Africans – of all colours – die in criminal violence every three months or so than were killed by apartheid in all the apartheid years.
The end of my previous post should have read "*And today more South Africans – of all colours – die in three months – than were killed in all the apartheid years before the transition." [The actual data is Total Apartheid deaths: 21 000 (or ~440/year). Apartheid related deaths during the transition: 16 000. (source: TRC). So official apartheid related deaths before transition: 5,000. Using SA police data, South Africa now suffers 20,000 to 25,000 homicides per year (although Interpol which may be using averages including the transition period, reflects it higher at 47 880/year).]
Israel is aparteid, you all relize this is a huge joke.
Arab citizens in Israel, the JEWISH state, have more rights than any other Arab in the mideast. They can vote, they are in the parlament, there is an Arab supreme court justice. They have freedom of religion, expression and press…. What "non-aparteid" arab countries has rights that are even comparable….
They tourch churches and kill christians in egypt, Assad shoot suppporters by the dozen daily, Saudi Arabia stones women, gays are persecuted all over the arab world, women have little standing and right but, ISRAEL is the problem… lets remember the only country to give the Arabs of Palestine any self rule, any automomy…. Remember when Jordan took over the West Bank and Egypt Gaza, they didnot think twice about the Arabs there…..
So what makes Israel an aparteid state again? Against who?
ARAB RACIST 'APARTHEID' SLUR Pt.1
While Israel provides affirmative action to Arabs to advance them even further, the same Israeli-Arabs who [unlike Israeli-Jews] are exempt from obligatory service… Israeli Arabs have free equal access in all of Israel, whereas Israeli Jews are constantly harassed in "Arab" towns. Not to mention the racist-Arab and bigoted-Islamic barring of Jews in Arab controlled "Palestine." An Ethiopian singer just (July 2011) made it as the Israeli "idol." Well, of course the "apartheid" lie is a vicious racist slur (which its roots are in ARAB-NAZISM: Invented in 1961 by Hiter's ally the Mufti's henchman: AHMAD SHUKAIRY, who allied himself with Nazi groups in Argentina in 1962) on Israel's outstanding democratic system and society.
Arab apartheid / Muslim apartheid are the largest ‘apartheid systems’, that exist today.
Virtually all non-Arabs and/or non-Muslims are second class citizens. Among minorities that feel the wrath of the bigoted Arab-Muslim world are:
* Berbers (native N. Africans, before Arab invasion: Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco).
* Copts (indigenous Egyptians suffer from both: Arab racism and Islamic bigotry).
* Kurds (Examples include: [Saddam's] Iraq and Syria.
* Blacks, in Arab lands or in Arab ruled Africa like the genocide in the Sudan and slavery in both Sudan and in Mauritania.
* Asians, particularly in the Gulf Arab states. [Sex slaves or "plain" slaves).
* Maronites-Christians [Native Lebanese] suffer from both Arab ethnic racism and religious bigotry, like the massacres in the 1970s by local Muslims and by Palestinian/Syrian forces.
* Assyrians, are/have been persecuted both racially and religiously. Still very much marginalized in Iraq, for example.
* Iran is not an Arab country but racism is huge against Kurds, Jews, Turkmens, etc. So is anti-non-Muslim bigotry against Christians, Bahai, Zoroastrians and other in the Islamic republic.
* Turkey is also a Muslim non-Arab country and Kurds, Greeks, Armenians and other ethnicities have been through much suffering, genocide. Still there’s great wide racism against non-Turkish ethnic groups including racism against Alevis and against Kurds. Turkey’s policy in Cyprus has also been recognized as a real Apartheid by many. All non-Muslims are automatically branded as “foreigners” at the “moderate” Islamic supremacy of Turkey.
* Chinese, Indians, Christians and other non-Malay, in Malaysia; Chinese, Christians in Indonesia, have long been subject to persecution, race-riots, discrimination, racism and bloodshed.
* Non-Muslims or the ‘wrong kind of Muslims,’ in Pakistan; Iraq; Afghanistan, are oppressed and targeted in deadly attacks.
* All non-Muslims in ‘Islamic Apartheid state’ of S. Arabia.
* Asians [slaves!] in the Gulf Arab states.
* Bedoons in Kuwait.
* Al-Akhdam in Yemen.
* Gypsies in Jordan.
Islamic-Arab “Palestine” apartheid:
* Ahmadiyya Muslims are harshly persecuted in (Pakistan and in) the “Palestinian” Apartheid authority and/or by Hamas.
* Descendants of slaves of the Bedouins are still stigmatized by racist “Palestinians”.
* Christians are discriminated, persecuted against [especially since Y. Arafat's Islamization of Bethlehem], by Palestine authority and Hamas regime.
From anti-Jewish Apartheid:
– The Arab racist apartheid against the Jews attempted genocide ever since the 1920s, (Like Mufti of “Palestine” at his incited massacres, and Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood who called simply ‘to kill Jews’).
– Chased out a Million Jews in the late 1940.
– Has boycotted and demonized [every logical defensive action is branded "racist"] the Jewish democratic-free-equal-to-all state only because it’s the “other”. It is neither Muslim nor purely Arab.
– The Arab racist world continues to play with Arab-Palestinians (grandchildren of Arab immigrants) like ping-pong against Israel.
AND THE BEACON OF APARTHEID HAS THE AUDACITY TO CHARGE MULTI-RACIAL ISRAEL’S BEAUTIFUL DEMOCRACY [THAT OFTEN GIVES PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FOR ITS ARABS OVER JEWS] WITH THIS TERMINOLOGY?
THE ARAB DECEPTIVE PROPAGANDA MACHINE THAT ACTS AS IF ARAB-ISLAMIC GENOCIDAL CAMPAIGN IS NOT OBVIOUS TO DETERMINE ISRAEL’S EXTRA SECURITY MEASURES [INCLUDING AN ANTI-TERROR / ANTI-MASSACRES WALL].
As if we don’t know the ‘Arab oil lobby’s power’ over the UN and other major international organizations and some African officials to go along with the Arab propaganda.
Despite some non-Arabs who jump on this wagon out of: ignorance, of confusion complex, or of sheer bigotry, never forget, that this entire “apartheid, racism” label was pushed by Arab racists, ganging up in the UN since 1975.
Even promoter of the apartheid-slur [which was actually invented in 1961 by A. Shukairy, who was the henchman and spokesman for the infamous Mufti al-Husseini the Mufti, notorious for being A. Hitler's ally and adviser on exterminating the Jews. Shukairy also called to throw the Jews into the sea] J. Carter admitted on CNN: “I recognize that Israel is a wonderful democracy with freedom of speech and equality of treatment under the law between Arab Israelis and Jewish Israelis.” edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0612/12/acd.02.html
Incidentally, the lying Pallywood machine also created a fake “memorandum” claiming that N. Mandela ever uttered this crappy analogy.
Last but not least:
Isn’t it true that the anti-Jewish “apartheid” slur campaign is: 1) to demonize Jews and 2) to hide the real apartheid practiced by the Arab-Islamic world?
I’d bet money on it that today they’d still be victims of apartheid. In others words, being black as well as being Judeo-Christian is what’s freed them from apartheid.
Comments are closed.